Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
favorite flavor of ice cream?
Wow, this is actually a big question.
I used to LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough, but unless I make my own that’s out because of the whole gluten killing me thing.
Also, so many store-bought ice creams have coconut oil in them (presumably to keep things like chocolate chips from freezing?), so that’s out too.
I love most flavors with carmel in it, I like praline pecan and peanut butter favors. If we’re talking gelato, I’m always gonna go for white chocolate or hazelnut (or Haselnuss as I like to call it auf Deutsch). And if it’s sorbet, I’ll go with blood orange.
Oh, but if we’re talking just frozen yogurt, I do plain old vanilla and then load it up with chocolate chips, yogurt chips, and peanuts.
Sometimes I start filling out those about me surveys and then I realize that there were written by/for someone close to half my age and I just… *sigh*
But I’m bored, so if there are any questions anyone wants to ask me, go for it!
Happy 4th Birthday, Sherlock!!!!
A Study in Pink aired on this day four years ago! Crazy how this show changed so many lives! Thank you, Sherlock!
Thursday afternoons are the slowest part of the week. Someone entertain me!
I feel like this pretty much sums up the entire interview. Bradley having a passive aggressive standoff with the interviewer and Colin embarrassed and yet more than slightly amused. Beautiful. (x)
Eccleston Falls No More
THIS IS NOW MY FAVORITE POST
Fuck Percy! He was an asshole. #WeasleyIsOurKing
lmao wrong fandom sweetie
oh my god what a poor, confused soul
yeah ok but its not fucking water its coke why is it blue this is pissing me off
this is my greatest work. photoshop was created for this purpose. i was born for this.
So much glorious confusion from the mortals
not even in THAT FANDOM AND I GOT IT
but DID IT WORK, AND WAS IT DELICIOUS
IT DID! I was gonna take a pic and everything, but instead I was busy shoving cookie into my face.